Monday, November 26, 2012

Ladies and Gentle-ladies, a TOP 10...

My TOP 10 Lip Products...and yes, these are all in my purse right now


The Drugstore Gangstas

1 - I'm going to be a douche and start this off with a tie between Blistex Lip Medex and Carmex, because honestly, aren't they basically the same?!? Ugh - I feel like someone just got their panties in a bunch...ok ok, so Carmex has more options/flavors: tubes, pots, and chapsticks in things like Strawberry, Cherry, Original and Lime Twist.  Dude, seriously, if you haven't had the Lime Twist Carmex...get it...like now...I'll wait.  There is something about that tingly menthol feeling that totally does it for me.

2 - This one is like like a grown up Lip Smackers, I love love love Maybelline Baby Lips (so much that I already did a full post about it).  Super hydrating...a good smooth feeling without the stickiness of regular lip gloss...comes in several great sheer colors.  Oh! and the smell is heavenly!


Bath and Body Works?  Fo' realz?

3 - This is hands down my favorite clear gloss Mentha Lip Shine...I mean seriously, who doesn't like a good clear gloss that also serves as a breath freshener?!  Ummmm...also just discovered they now have a SUPERCHARGED version of this with twice the freshness!  Getting iiiiiit.

4 - Rose Salve! You can put this shit on uuureythang.  I've used it on my elbows, my knees, my feet, and even in my eyebrows when they were unruly.  I actually have the blueberry one...it smells delicious and gives you a good shine without any weight.  Sometimes I put mine in the freezer and then put it on before bed...feels amazeballs.

It's a lipstick...it's a lipgloss...no no, it's, ok relax, it's  both

5 - I stumbled across this little baby as a free sample from Sephora.  NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil is like a super smooth, lightweight lipgloss in pencil form.  This bad boy lasts like lipstick, but feels like a silky smooth lip gloss...uh, but it's in a pencil form.  This is great for going out because it's small and when you're drunk, it's easier to stay in the lines because, well, it's a pencil.

Excuse me Miss, but you have a stain

6 - I'm not usually a fan of lip stains because they are hard to work with and also because I have 400 lipdrobe changes in a given night.  However, I love Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint.  Also a pencil format, this high-performance products is also super moisturizing.  It claims, if work regularly, to increase lip moisture by 6000%.  Let's just relax Tarte-makers...no one believes anything over 60%.  This product comes in great colors ranging from sheer-ish to color PACKED!  Once it's on, it's pretty dry, so it's great for layering with a sheer gloss.
7 - I realize this looks like nail polish, but Benefit Cha-Cha Lip Tint in Sheer Mango is so epic.  This was another one I got as a sample and fell in love.  You can use this on your lips and cheeks (face cheeks, not butt cheeks...unless you're into that sorta thing).  It's a liquid so application can be tricky - the good news is that you literally can apply it in the morning and it's still there by bed time.  Don't be frightened.  And I swear, this color works on just about anyone!
Makin Angelina Jolie jealous and what not

8 - Looking for a lip plumper?  Shut up, people still you them.  DuWop's Lip Venom is totally absurd. This comes in tinted also, but I prefer the clear.  Using essential oils like cinnamon and ginger, this product enhances both the color and shape of your lips.  Disclaimer: if you plan on making out, warn you're loverrrr...I learned the hard way.  It's awkward, kind of like eating one of those fancy balls of butter at a wedding because you thought it was cheese.

OH, You Faaaaancy

9 - MAC Dazzleglass is my absolute favorite going out lipgloss.  It's super heavy and a little sticky...some people don't like that, I do haha.  It looks like it has glitter in it, in the tube, but it's light reflecting morsels of goodness.  You wear this lipgloss and let those club lights hit your lips or the sun depending on how early you start the party and TRUST ME, it's hot.  More dudes have complemented my lips wearing this product than any other.  I'm telliiiiing youuuuu.  
10 - Best nude lip color of all time, seriously, MAC Lipstick in Beauty.  This color is amazing.  I almost always do a really dramatic eye, so this is the perfect lip color to let my eyes stand out!

Well, there you have it...10 of my most favorite lip products...everything from moisturizing to super rich color.  The important thing is to remember to keep you lips hydrated...no one ever saw a pair of ashy chapped lips and said "ahhhhh yeah, wanna makeout?"


No comments:

Post a Comment