Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Where the hell have I been!?

Well well well...look who got lazy...this girl.  Well sort of...I was in the midst of changing jobs and now that I'm pretty settled in I thought I'd go back to a slacking of epic proportions and continue writing the ol' blog.

So let's catch up, shall we...the following thing have happened since we last spoke, er, read? typed? blog hugged?  I dunno...anyway...

I turned 31...woohoo...sad face
I started working at an amazing company with a much better commute!
I pooped at least 8 dozen times
I fell in love with a white boy and we adopted a kitten, wtf? no, just making sure you're still reading

Moving on...

OK so, since I'm just getting back in the swing and I'm going to dedicate the first post to my awesome mom, who still treats me like a baby sometimes even though I'm 31, and I meant that in a good way.

So at first you're like


and then you're all like



Mama Shupp's Hangover CURE

You'll want to take this before you go to bed after a heavy night of drinking...or if you're like me and you like to punish yourself just a little so you know that it was a bad idea to pound vodka & tonics (with extra lime) all night, then take it first thing when you wake up and plan on going back to sleep.





Take 1 - Tylenol PM
Take 2 - Pepcid Antacids
Take 1 - Excedrin of choice
(Excedrin Migraine is back on the shelves now, but I don't like to take that...I just take the regular old Excedrin or Extra Strength)
Quick Tip: Choke down a banana if you can, depending on how high your puke index is - it totally helps.

OK, I am not shitting you...when I first experience this remedy, I was curled up in a ball in my parents basement in tears...not something I'm proud of, but also not ashamed to admit it.  I mean anyone who knows me well has probably seen me hurl.  

So anyway, I chugged down the remedy and some water and the Tylenol PM put me to sleep...only to awake feeling brand new!  It was amazing.  In fact, my mom actually gave me a few boozenights worth of cure-packs.  It's a sad thing, but even though I'm not fully into my 30, I still have the occasion night of waaaayyyy too much partying.

OK OK, at least one of you has thought ummmmm why is this heifer pushing pills without knowing the side effects?!  Calm down precious, here's a nifty little tool you can use to ensure I'm not crazy


This little ditty lets you put in as many drugs as you want and will tell you if there are any significant drug interactions you should be aware of...but let me save you the trouble...there aren't any for the combo above.  It even confirms that it's ok to eat that banana I mentioned!

Alright, now for the important biznass - going forward, I am going to try to do at least 1 blog a week.  My previous schedule was a little to intense.  I assure you I have a ton of new products that I want to talk about...as well as some home concoctions that I've tried and love!

Thanks to everyone who came to me and requested I go back to blogging and thanks to everyone that continued to check in for new content even though I was lame and didn't have any!

No comments:

Post a Comment