Monday, June 18, 2012

Fake Lashes...Don't Hate, Appreciate!

I'm a huge fan of fake lashes, when they're done RIGHT.  First things first...I'd say a good 90% of celebs, whether in print or on screen are wearing fake lashes.  The more makeup you wear, the more important it is to have luscious lashes.

It seems to me that there is a craze right now with having semi-permanent lash extensions and lash strips done.  Now, I'm not a fan for one reason...you look like a complete lunatic walking around with these epic thick lashes when you have ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER MAKEUP ON!

I have 4 major problems with eyelash application:

TOO HEAVY


TOO SPARSE


POOR PLACEMENT

TOO MUCH LASH, NOT ENOUGH MAKEUP

Lashes come in sooo many shapes and sizes - from full strip and demis to individual - synthetics, natural hair blends, feather and animal hair.  I tend to use synthetics (usually shinier and don't need mascara) or naturals (very light and comfortable)

Quick Tip: When using lashes, if you plan on reusing them (most are marketed as reusable) you CANNOT use mascara on them.  When you wash and dry them they lose their structure (even expensive ones).


I have splurged on MAC lashes, but in my opinion, it's not totally worth it.  I will say that their lashes are slightly more reusable and they have a great synthetic that I like. 7Lash works on just about anyone and the design makes it easy to trim to create a whispy outer corner and perfectly fit a full lash line. I also really like 2Lash because it's design creates volume and length without being overly heavy.

My primary brand is Ardell...they have a huge selection and you can get them at Ulta, CVS, Target, Sally's...really almost any place that sells cosmetics.  They have an awesome tool on their site for choosing the right lashes for your eye shape: Try On Lashes!  I stick to demi invisiband lashes for the most part.  Lashes that have a full black lash band are much heavier and more difficult to apply because they are less pliable.  If you already have great lashes and just want to add some drama, go with individuals or accent lashes to add volume or apply to the outer corners to created a winged look, like this:
Eyelash glue?  Duo Lash is widely popular and one of the best.  I recently switch from the white to clear kind to the dark tone.  The dark tone doesn't interfere with eyeliner as much.

Quick Tips: More glue doesn't mean better hold.  Apply a thin line of glue to lashes and let dry until tacky, this will allow them to adhere quickly without sliding around or pulling away from your lid.  To make sure they are even, adhere in the middle first and then work outwards.

Well that's my 2 cents.  Lastly, I'd like at add...totally wore these bad boys to the Boyz II Men concert a few months ago...they were so epic, I didn't even need mascara...and I somehow managed not to look lazy eyed!





No comments:

Post a Comment